My life...Davis, WIll and Sia

My life...Davis, WIll and Sia
Party Time!

We are all butterflies..

We are all butterflies..

Dels World

Widowed Solo Mom of three....remaking life-one brick at a time..



Thursday, May 27, 2010

Simplicity

Simplicity--It seems like such an easy word to achieve...but in our fast paced world it's difficult to attain... It seems we have become a world of stuff--I often get tickled when I seen adults scurrying around buying collectible purses, charms, jewerly, electronics, just the right outfit....Or even better the right vacations, that in turn stress us our because of the planning, packing and cost involved.. Of course we take our IPhone and laptops with us and check voicemail three times a day even though we are on vacation. Somedays, I truly miss the 1970's and early 80's without all the "stuff"- (of course I was a child at this time, but I don't remember my parents being techno savy and having these control of universe)

I often view young children as our "true self"--They don't need things...well they become products of their environment and the younger they get lots of "stuff" they more they expect as they get into school age, preteen, and teenage years..Consequently, homes become run down and cluttered and parents scurry aimlessly to attain the right "things" to keep up with the children and their friends...

Remember "stuff" can't replace people...even though I enjoy the world of the Internet...it can't replace human interaction...Online classes are wonderful, but the actual involvement with face to face interaction can't always be achieved online...Again laptops, IPhone, are all "stuff" that we acquired..And we acquired them to keep up with the times.. (I love technology, it's been a lifesaver for me, I am just looking optimistically)

Just remember....keep it simple...and keep it sane.....

No comments:

Post a Comment